Bond loans and rental grants
The Department of Housing and Public Works provides interest-free rental bond loans to eligible tenants.
For more information contact the Department of Housing and Public Works.
- A bond loan is an interest-free loan of up to a maximum of four weeks rent for eligible people who cannot afford to pay a full rental bond. It must be repaid
- Applicants can apply online at https://www.blarga.communities.qld.gov.au rather than completing a paper-based Private Rental Assistance application form
- Eligibility for assistance can be tested using the online eligibility tool
- Pre-approved Bond Loans for people thinking about renting in the near future are also available online. Approved applicants will be provided with a pre-approval letter to demonstrate to their agent or lessor that they have the funds for the bond
- A rental grant is a one-off grant of two weeks rent to help meet some of the costs of moving into rental accommodation. A rental grant helps people experiencing a housing crisis. It does not have to be repaid
- The RentConnect Advisory Service provides practical advice and information on how to find and apply for a suitable property. The service also helps people fill out a rental application and links them to local real estate agents and community services
Maximum 512 characters