Online bond lodgement information
You can only
- lodge a single bond (between $10 - $25,000)
- use the latest form
- pay by BPAY
Property managers/owners must lodge the bond with the RTA within 10 days. It is an offence not to do so.
Step 1 - Complete latest bond lodgement form
- print and complete form or complete form electronically and print
Step 2 - Scan and save
- scan or take photo of lodgement form (smartphone or digital camera)
- save the image as: jpg, pdf, gif or tiff (maximum 2MB)
- make sure file is readable
Step 3 - Upload (do not email)
- if more than 2 tenants submit another lodgement form (mark the form page 1 of 2 and page 2 of 2)
Step 4 - BPAY
- BPAY reference number will be sent to you within 5 working days
- exact bond amount must be paid in one transaction
After payment has been accepted, an Acknowledgement of rental bond will be sent to everyone named on the lodgement form.
Lodgement forms can also be posted: RTA, GPO Box 390, Brisbane, Queensland, 4001.
Warning - it is an offence under Queensland tenancy law to knowingly give false or misleading information to the RTA
Read the RTA Privacy plan for details on how your personal information is used.