QCAT order

To minimise the spread of COVID-19, QCAT has issued updated arrangements and procedures for different matters and jurisdictions commencing 30 March 2020. Learn more.

The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) can end a tenancy agreement for various reasons such as:

QCAT can also make an order about goods and documents left behind.

If a tenancy dispute is urgent (defined by the Act), the tenant or property manager/owner can apply directly to QCAT to have the tenancy ended. If it is non-urgent dispute, they must go through dispute resolution with the RTA before applying to QCAT.