The Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) refers to our employees, agents, contractors and volunteers (unless otherwise stated).
These terms and conditions apply to the RTA’s eServices and your use of them. Our privacy and copyright statements and disclaimer also apply to your use of eServices.
You must accept these terms and conditions to use the RTA’s eServices. If you do not agree, click Cancel.
Residential tenancies and rooming accommodation in Queensland are regulated by the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 and the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Regulations 2009. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions, the privacy statement, the disclaimer and the Act or Regulations, the Act and Regulations prevail.
The RTA may vary these terms and conditions, the privacy statement and disclaimer at any time. Such variations will be effective as soon as they are posted on eServices.
By continuing to use eServices the RTA considers you have agreed to such changes.
The RTA has the right to change or discontinue any eServices feature, including content, hours of availability and equipment required for access at any time without notice.
Cancellation or suspension of account
The RTA can cancel or suspend your access to eServices, or any other function or service available on the RTA website, at any time.
If your account is terminated, or suspended, you will no longer be authorised to access eServices. All restrictions, disclaimers and limitations of liability by the RTA will survive termination or suspension.
ID and password
Registered eServices users will have a user ID (email address) and password.
The principal/authorised signatory of an agency, who sets up the eServices account, must not share their password with other staff. The principal/signatory is responsible for all transactions on the eServices account, including those performed by authorised staff. The principal, and other authorised users, must keep their passwords secure. The principal/signatory may be liable for any unauthorised access and use of their eServices account.
As a registered user you must:
- log out at the end of each session, and
- contact the RTA (1300 366 311) immediately if you believe an unauthorised person knows your password or has accessed your eServices account.
Accuracy of information provided by users
You must not impersonate any other person or falsely claim to represent any other person, living or dead, real or fictitious while using eServices.
It is an offence under sections 511 and 514 of the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 (Qld) for a person to provide information to the RTA they know is false or misleading in a material particular. This includes information provided to the RTA through eServices. Penalties apply.
You must provide the RTA with current bank account and contact details. The RTA is not responsible for acting on out-of-date or incorrect information.
Trade mark and logo
The words Residential Tenancies Authority and RTA, in combination with the RTA logo, form the registered trade mark of the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA). You must get written permission from the RTA to use our trade mark.
These terms and conditions are governed by, and will be interpreted according to, the laws of Queensland, Australia.
If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions will continue in full force.
The legislation referred to in these terms and conditions may be amended or replaced at any time.
What you agree to under these terms and conditions
1. You (and anyone you authorise/allow to use eServices) will not use, or attempt to use, eServices for any activities which interfere with another person’s access to eServices, or for any unlawful or negligent purpose. This includes (but is not limited to):
- password cracking
- social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords)
- denial-of-service attacks
- harmful and malicious destruction of data
- uploading malicious code (e.g. trojan programs, viruses, worms, logic bombs) to eServices, and
- intentional invasion of privacy
2. You (and anyone you authorise/allow to use eServices) will not, or attempt to, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of eServices.
3. You (and anyone you authorise/allow to use eServices) will not attempt to bypass the network firewall.
4. You will advise the RTA (1300 366 311) immediately if you know, or suspect, an unauthorised user has your eServices password.
You are solely responsible for access to, and the use of, your eServices account including unauthorised use.
You are solely responsible for any activity or loss caused by the use of your eServices account including authorised, and unauthorised, access to, and use of, your eServices account.
You agree to indemnify the RTA from and against all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal costs and expenses) reasonably incurred or suffered by the RTA as a direct or indirect result of:
- your breach of these terms and conditions
- the authorised, and unauthorised, use of your eServices account, or
- any wilful, unlawful or negligent act or omission through your use of eServices
You will be liable for any eServices transactions made from, your account which occur before you notify the RTA you know, or suspect, an unauthorised person has access to your account. You must not unreasonably delay notifying the RTA of this situation.