In January 2023, we asked for your feedback on proposed changes to the way we format our median rents quarterly data.
Each quarter, we analyse new rental bond lodgements to determine the median weekly rental prices for houses, townhouses and flats/units across Queensland, and publish the data on our median rents quarterly data webpage. Following your suggestions, we've updated the way we format this data by:
- moving to a single workbook that contains all media rents data
- adding a filter functionality to reduce the amount of data displayed when opened
- ensuring the most recent data is displayed first
- adding additional postcodes
- adding release notes to capture any changes that happen over time (such as methodology and definitions.
The new data format is now live on our median rents quarterly data webpage.
There is no change to our median rents data methodology. This new format is designed to make our data easier for customers to use and understand.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback and for helping us deliver on our commitment to provide differentiated and customer-centric services for Queensland’s rental sector.
If you have any further suggestions on how we can improve our median rents data, please contact us.
Note: While the RTA makes every reasonable effort to ensure that information on this website is accurate at the time of publication, changes in circumstances after publication may impact on the accuracy of material. This disclaimer is in addition to and does not limit the application of the Residential Tenancies Authority website disclaimer.