22 May 2020
The Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) has updated forms relating to temporary COVID-19 tenancy regulations to assist Queenslanders during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The updates provide improved clarification based on customer feedback and includes additional supporting information and approaches that align with Queensland’s Roadmap to easing restrictions.
Previous amendments to the forms were based on the temporary changes to the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 introduced on 24 April 2020 through the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation (COVID-19 Emergency Response) Regulation 2020.
The following RTA forms that have been updated are listed below:
- Domestic and family violence notice ending tenancy
- Domestic and family violence notice ending residency
- Domestic and family violence report
- Show cause notice for rent arrears – Tenancy agreement
- Show cause notice for rent arrears – Rooming accommodation
- Notice of lessor’s intention to sell premises (Form 10)
- Notice to leave (Form 12)
- Notice to leave - Rooming accommodation (R12)
- Notice of intention to leave (Form 13)
- Notice of intention to leave - Rooming accommodation (R13)
- COVID-19 Dispute resolution request (Form 16a)