The RTA is committed to raising awareness of the domestic and family violence (DFV) provisions in the Housing Legislation Amendment Act 2021.
These provisions came into effect on 20 October 2021 and allow tenants experiencing DFV to either end their interest in a tenancy quickly or remain in the rental property safely (if they choose to do so). In this webinar, we discussed:
- the new DFV provisions
- processes for ending a tenancy due to DFV
- processes for any remaining tenants
- how DFV victims can remain in a rental property, should they choose to do so
- where tenants affected by DFV can get assistance
- possible DFV scenarios while renting, and how these should be approached.