Information requests from organisations
Certain organisations have a legislative or regulatory right to access or collect information to allow them to perform their functions and duties.
To access information under a legislative or regulatory provision, the organisation must:
- submit a written request to the RTA
- refer to the law and/or regulation and the relevant section that enables the organisation to access or collect the information (requests will be returned if this is not done)
- provide the name and contact details of the person making the request
- provide the name of the person authorising the request, and
- provide sufficient detail to enable an RTA officer to identify the information.
What sort of information can be accessed?
Organisations that seek access under these arrangements may only seek information relevant to their legislative or regulatory access or collection provisions. For more information contact the RTA.