Forms & resources

Moveable dwelling tenancy agreement (Form 18b)

The Moveable dwelling tenancy agreement is used when renting a caravan, moveable dwelling or site.

When a tenant moves into a caravan under a long-term agreement, the property manager/owner must give them a written agreement to sign.

It is the property manager/owner’s responsibility to organise the agreement and give a copy to the tenant before they pay any money or commit to the tenancy.

A tenancy agreement must include:

  • the name and address of the tenant and property manager/owner
  • the start and end date of the agreement (or state that it is periodic)
  • how the tenant should pay rent and how much is to be paid
  • standard terms (what the tenant and the property manager/owner can and cannot do)
  • any special terms (these should be agreed in advance, e.g. rules about pets)

On, or before, the day the tenant occupies the property, they must:

  • sign the agreement
  • return it to the property manager/owner within 5 days of receiving it

The property manager/owner must:

  • sign the agreement
  • return a copy to the tenant within 14 days
Form 18b – Moveable dwelling tenancy agreement
DownloadBEFORE YOU BEGIN: Save this form to your desktop for optimum performance(PDF 223KB)
Current version: v10 Apr19