The Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) meets four times a year to ensure the RTA operates within an appropriate framework of internal control and risk management, while achieving its objectives and strategies efficiently and effectively.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) report to the ARC.
The committee is a combination of RTA Board members and external advisors that oversee:
- the integrity of the financial statements and reports
- our accounting policies and practices
- the scope, quality and independence of external audit arrangements
- the monitoring of the internal audit function
- the effectiveness of risk and compliance measures.
The ARC observes the terms of its charter with due regard to Queensland Treasury’s Audit Committee Guidelines.