The RTA Board reflects the diversity of the sector, with members bringing knowledge and expertise in sector representation, commercial activities, corporate governance, and community service.
The Board is responsible for:
- guiding, reviewing and approving strategy
- setting values and standards
- endorsing our annual budget
- monitoring business performance
- monitoring investment activities and financial position
- identifying and effectively managing significant business risks
- regularly assessing the performance of the Board and management.
Board members are appointed for three-year terms by the Queensland Parliament’s Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister. Their remuneration is determined through Cabinet-approved procedures administered by the Queensland Government’s Department of the Premier and Cabinet.