Transferring a bond

If a tenant moves to another rental property, their bond can be transferred to their new rental address if the property manager/owner agrees and there is no change to the:

  • bond amount, and
  • property manager/owner

Once the property manager/owner agrees to the transfer the tenant will need to complete the Change of rental property (Form 3).

The RTA will then continue to hold the bond instead of paying it back at the end of the tenancy.

Department of Housing and Public Works rental bond loans have conditions attached. The tenant should contact the department if they wish to transfer the bond.

Was this page helpful?

Please note that we cannot respond to any comments made here. If you need a response, please contact us

Please select a reson