A range of services and assistance to help with renting and sustaining a tenancy is available, including:
- RentConnect helps Queenslanders find, secure and sustain a home in the private market through advisory services, tenancy assistance and a tenancy guarantee.
- Bond Loans provide an interest-free repayable loan for the rental bond on a property to a maximum value of four weeks’ rent. Bond Load Plus enables eligible people to borrow a repayable amount up to the value of six weeks’ rent to cover the rental bond and rent for the first two weeks. Conditions must be met to be eligible for a Bond Loan or Bond Loan Plus.
- Rental Grants is a one-off grant of 2 weeks’ rent for people in a housing crisis to cover some costs relating to moving into private rental accommodation.
- Helping Hand Headlease supports tenants who wish to move into or remain in the private rental market but cannot access a tenancy on their own for various reasons. It is designed to support vulnerable tenants such as young people leaving care, people escaping Domestic and Family Violence (DfV) and people exiting social housing or supported accommodation.
- Rental Security Subsidy assist customers in a period of temporary hardship to commence or continue a tenancy by providing time-limited financial support.
- No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) Set-Up and Sustainment Loan provides interest and fee-free loans to cover costs of removalists, key deposits, essential home furnishings, rent arrears and other expenses deemed appropriate by the loan provider, National Australia Bank.
- Skillsets for Successful Tenancies – Dollars and Sense is an innovative, competency-based training program which develops people’s tenancy and life skills so they can source and sustain a tenancy.
Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service (QSTARS) is a service funded by the Queensland Government and managed by Tenants Queensland. QSTARS can provide advice on and help you understand your tenancy rights and responsibilities, resolve tenancy issues. QSTARS can also provide assistance with tenancy forms and preparation for QCAT hearings, and referrals to other services.
Anyone experiencing a personal crisis can contact Lifeline for support and referrals to appropriate services.
Provides translating and interpreting services for agency clients and non-English speakers.
Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT)
|1300 QLD CAT or 1300 753 228
The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) decides a range of tenancy disputes. Find out about applying to QCAT.