The RTA can only investigate complaints that are an offence under the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 (the Act).
Examples of complaints which may be suitable for an investigation include:
- unlawful entry to a property
- conducting open homes without consent
- failing to comply with a repair order
- issuing a tenant with a rent increase within 12 months of a previous rent increase
- providing false or misleading information to the RTA
- advertising a rental property with no fixed rent price
- failing to comply with agreement terms.
Complete the questionnaire below to assess if your complaint is suitable for investigation and download an RTA Investigation Request Kit.