Forms & resources

Rooming accommodation agreement (Form R18)

Important: The RTA is going paperless and will cease bulk printing of all forms and publications from 1 January 2020.

A Rooming accommodation agreement is a legally binding contract between the tenant and the property manager/owner which must include standard terms and any special terms (e.g. rules about keeping pets).

A copy of the house rules must also be given to the tenant as these form part of the terms of the agreement.

The tenant must be given a copy of the Rooming accommodation agreement on, or before, the day they move into the room. If they are not given an agreement to sign they still have protection under the law.

Form R18 – Rooming accommodation agreement
DownloadBEFORE YOU BEGIN: Save this form to your desktop for optimum performance (PDF 234KB)
Current version: v7 Apr19