At the end of your tenancy, make sure you have:
- Paid rent to your vacating date. Check your payment records. Talk with your property manager/owner if you find any discrepancies in your rent payment history.
- Cancelled any direct debits that you have set up for automatic rent payments.
- Gathered all the property's keys, remotes, access cards – you will need to return all keys including any copies made during your tenancy. This includes letterbox keys and window or security screen keys.
- Taken note of the water meter reading on your exit condition report (if you are responsible for water consumption). There may be one last bill to pay.
- Organised to disconnect your electricity/gas/internet for your last day.