Photographs of the property

The property manager/owner must get written permission from the tenant to use photos of their possessions in advertising (includes newspaper and online advertising and brochures).

This applies to possessions inside and outside the property (e.g. personal items, furniture, cars and boats).

Using photos without a tenant’s permission is an offence.

If agreement cannot be reached by talking to each other, the RTA’s dispute resolution service may be able to help.

The tenant may also issue the property manager/owner with a Notice to remedy breach (Form 11) or Notice to remedy breach (Form R11) for rooming accommodation, requesting the offending photographs be removed from advertising.

Was this page helpful?

Please note that we cannot respond to any comments made here. If you need a response, please contact us

Please select a reson