Rooming accommodation fact sheets

These fact sheets have been prepared specifically for providers and residents in rooming accommodation in Queensland: boarding houses, hostels and off-campus rooming style student accommodation. These types of accommodation are covered by the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 (the Act).

The RTA has also produced a range of fact sheets for tenants/residents and property managers/owners living in or managing houses, units, flats, caravans and moveable dwellings. These are available on the General tenancy fact sheets and Caravan park (moveable dwelling) fact sheets pages.

House rules in rooming accommodation fact sheet

House rules are rules about the use, enjoyment, control or management of rooming accommodation such as a boarding house, supported accommodation service, off-campus student accommodation and other rooming style accommodation. 

965.7 kB Download

New renter checklist – moving in

Renting for the first time can be exciting and there are things you can do at every stage to help make the process go smoothly. Use the checklist below to know where you stand and know what to do before you start looking, when you apply for a rental property and during your agreement.

523.3 kB Download

New renter checklist - moving out

If you’re moving out of your first rental, it’s important you know the processes and steps around ending a tenancy. This RTA checklist can help guide you through the moving out process. 

284.2 kB Download

Rooming accommodation agreements fact sheet

A Rooming accommodation agreement (Form R18) is the agreement between a resident and a provider which sets out the terms that apply to a resident’s stay in rooming accommodation such as boarding houses, supported accommodation services, off-campus student accommodation and other rooming style accommodation.

960.9 kB Download
Was this page helpful?

Please note that we cannot respond to any comments made here. If you need a response, please contact us

Please select a reson